Monday, December 8, 2014

Phillipe Halsman


 A Short Biography

Grew up in Latvia,Riga had a lot of museums, opera, theaters, and a ballet so influenced by art since childhood.

Traveled a lot with family so experienced variety of art

Started photography at age 15

His first famous picture in America was of Connie Ford  he then went on to win the Art Directors Club Medal for this photograph.


 
 He worked with Life  and created 101 Life covers during his carrer
 
 I love his pictures because the are different. I loved this picture especially because of how the mustache was at a weird angle and the pose of Dali is very funny. The rule of thirds is still kept but not perfectly. I also like how the small details in the picture are clear.
 Phillipe collaborated with Salvador Dali  and created some of his most famous photograph's the  human skulls called Voluptuous Mours and  they also created suspension in  the air projects as seen below.



No comments:

Post a Comment